Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cleaning Tips

Okay so who doesn't like a clean house? I can only relax when my house is nice and clean...not just picked up, but actually clean. When a house is clean, you not only see the difference, but you can smell the difference. When you walk into my home, I want it to look and smell nice!
Since we're a one income family, we're on a tight budget. I can't afford costly cleansers and all this fancy cleaning equipment. But no matter, the most effective cleaning supplies are also the most inexpensive!

Here's what I use:

A. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- there are a million uses for this handy, CHEAP substance! Google it!

Uses for Baking Soda

My uses (aside from general cleaning)
Odor absorber-
1. Sprinkle it on carpet and furniture, then vacuum up.
2. Sprinkle in the garbage can.
3. Leave a small box open in the fridge and freezer.

B. Vinegar- another amazing, cheap product with millions of uses!

Uses for Vinegar

My uses:
1. General cleaning
2. In dishwasher as a rinsing agent
3. Keep my dog's ears clean

C. Lemon juice

My uses:
1. De-greaser
2. Deodorizer

D. Lysol All purpose 4 in 1 disinfectant spray

1. Disinfectant
2. Deodorizer

I use this mainly when I don't have any cleaning mixture made up...it's quick and easy and actually really cheap!

E. Windex
F. Murphy's Oil Soap- Even though you can make your own window cleaner and furniture polish, I've found Murphy's oil soap much cheaper than using olive oil (the main ingredient in homemade furniture polish) plus it smells nice and cleans and shines really well.

Now...to keep my home smelling nice, nothing beats the smell of clean! Here are some other ideas I use.

1. Burn soy candles and incense.
2. Fragrance satchels placed in drawers
3. Air fresheners





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Two things I'd like to say:
1. Be kind please.
2. If you liked this post, why not subscribe?

Subscribe to me! :-)