Sunday, August 30, 2009

Favorite Things- Pt. 2...

1. Tide Clean Breeze...Tide always works, no matter what the laundry stain and I love the smell of Clean Breeze. I wish they'd just bottle it up as a perfume! hahah

2. Zout...This is stain remover for laundry and it is awesome! It's never come across a stain it wouldn't remove! Including, but not limited too: blood, chocolate, juices, kool-aid, grease, grass, baby formula. (Can ya tell we're MESSY people???) You can also use it on a variety of fabrics.

3. Snuggle... Sweet Almond Essence- I absolutely LOVE this stuff but since it's not budget-friendly, I only use it with towels, blankets and sheets. Normally I make my own fabric softener using baking soda and vinegar (I forgot to add that to my previous post) and then use dryer sheets.

*Never use fabric softener on kids' clothes or bedding because it breaks down the flame resistance and can actually make it more flammable!*

4. Magic Eraser...I love these things! They really do clean just about anything. It's never let me down and even though they're a little pricey...it's worth it when the only other option would be to repaint, refinish, etc...or ya know, spend hours scrubbing. Yeah, I admit it, I'm drawn to convenience at times, lol. And you always pay for convenience!

5. Oreck... These vacuums are crazy expensive compared to most, so before the eyerolls come, let me explain... Dan's company offers a reward program for something or other and each quarter they get so many points. You spend those points on items in a catalog and as it happened there was an Oreck XL in there. Now since I am a vacuum-aholic, I begged Dan to let me spend every single point on this thing. I knew I'd never get one if I had to actually pay for it! Well...this thing works like a dream. I've had it for almost 2 years and it STILL works like it did when I first got it. The suction is awesome, it's incredibly light-weight. It has an extra long extension cord and you can buy the bags for it at Walmart! You should know we're extremely hard on vacuums...and I would go through about 2 a year. That's $200 a year. With the Oreck it comes with a free mini-canister vacuum with hose attachments (I adore this thing and use it daily) plus free tune-ups for so many years, depending on which model you buy, (for instance the new model The Oreck XL Platinum comes with a 10 yr. warranty and 10 free annual tune-ups) and also a several year warranty (also depending on which model you buy) so all that being said if you spend more than a $75/year on a vacuum, you end up SAVING money! These things are worth it.

6. Downey Ball...These are really cheap and if you have a Washer with no dispenser like mine, it's a must-have.

7. Sharpie...These are amazing inventions.

8. Baking Mats...My Mom introduced me to these and I love them. Just place it in the pan, spray lightly with cooking spray and there ya go. This saves things from sticking and keeps your pan from getting all icky. These are what I use: Wilton Easy-Flex Silicone Baking Mat



Well, I think that's it...I'm sure I'll think of more things and I'll continue to add to the list as I think of them.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Two things I'd like to say:
1. Be kind please.
2. If you liked this post, why not subscribe?

Subscribe to me! :-)