Sunday, August 23, 2009

And so it begins...



Our first day of Homeschool began last week on Monday, Aug. 17th. It was L-O-N-G anticipated, let me tell you! Although I was really excited, I was also worried about so many things. Did I have enough school supplies? (I didn't) Was I prepared enough (YES!) Can I really teach? (YES! Guess what? As Moms, we've been doing it since the day we gave birth!) What if I get stumped? (I did. A few times. Yet funny enough, the earth didn't shatter and I was quickly able to figure things out, using the easy to understand "Teacher Guides") What if I'm not patient enough? And on...and on...and on... But at the end of the day, guess what? We. Did. Great.

Olivia and I have made it through week one and are eagerly anticipating week 2! We've figured out a great schedule, though we'll have to see how it works (this is all a learning process) and I'm all set on the school supplies. We've got the program down (the online school; how to log-in, set attendance, mark lessons complete, etc.) and I'm totally organized, including already having the week's lessons in each Lessons folder! Can ya tell I'm excited?! I think I might be a bit more excited than Olivia, lol, if that's possible...

But you know what makes me overjoyed and know that this is all going to work out? Watching Olivia's face as she figures something out. Seeing her wake up in the morning, excited to learn. This amazes me. This is why parents Homeschool!
Now I know there will be tough days, and I will get frustrated and Olivia will get frustrated. One or both of us will lose our patience. I know all this, expect all this. But I also know that we will remember the reasons we have taken this challenge! And everything will be just fine. Soooo. I will definitely have more to post about tomorrow! Stay tuned!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Two things I'd like to say:
1. Be kind please.
2. If you liked this post, why not subscribe?

Subscribe to me! :-)