Sunday, August 23, 2009

Introducing...Love Along the Way



Hi there. I'm Kel. I'm a 29 year old Christian, Mother of 2 girls, aged 10 and 6, as well as a 3 year old Black Lab. I've been married to Dan for 11 years. I'm a Stay at Home Mom, as well as a Homeschooler. My youngest is happily attending public school and my oldest is home schooled. We are a very typical, American family.

This blog has been created to record our journey. Our journey into Christianity, Homeschooling, Parenthood, Marriage, Life. (In no particular order!) Since this is my first year homeschooling, I'm sure there's going to be much to write about! It's definitely not an easy task, but it's one well worth it. Most journeys in life are not easy, but well worth it, right?

To let you know who I am, I'm just going to tell you flat out that I'm a drug addict. Drug addiction/alcoholism runs deeply in my family. I was delivered from this affliction 2 years ago, Praise God. That being said, I still struggle. My parents married at the age of 18 and 19. They divorced about a year later. My birth Mom allowed my Dad to adopt me, along with his new wife and they raised me with my younger sister until they divorced when I was 15 and my Dad remarried my birth Mom. Crazy right? They proceeded to marry and divorce/split up and get back together for the next 12 years. Finally they called it quits and my step-Mom (aka Birth Mom, crazy confusion, trust me I know this) remarried, while my Dad is dating my best friend who just so happens to be 1 year older than me. heheh Gotta love family, right?! Along with the sister I already mentioned, I have another sister and brother. I also have 4 beautiful nieces and 1 very handsome nephew.

I met Dan when I was 17, 2 months shy of turning 18 and 3 days after my 18th birthday, we were wed. In a small church, with just me, Dan and a sister in attendance. Three months after we married, I became pregnant with my Olivia (my oldest) and 4 years after that, I became pregnant with Danielle, and the rest, as they say, is history. Of course there's a whooollllleee lotta history in between but we'll save that for another post! Along with being a drug addict, my husband is an alcoholic. He was delivered 2 years ago as well. Thank you Lord! Together, we have battled many demons, let me tell you. Our marriage has been intense and difficult at times, but it's a timeless love we share. An unconditional love. Along with the bad, there's also been amazing good. Much more good than bad. Especially now that we're both SOBER! LOL Since I've told you much of the bad of my "story" I'd also like to share with you my good points! (I promise I have some!)

First I want to say...I've learned and grown from every single experience I've ever had. I've taken that wisdom with me, and applied it to my life. I became a born again Christian 2 years ago, on September 9, 2007. God is my strength and my salvation. Although, I'm about as unworthy as one can get, He loves me regardless and I can never repay the debt He took upon Himself.

Aside from being a Christian, I am a Mommy. I love my children with everything inside of me. With a love only God can give you. I love being a Mom and a Wife. It's what I live for. What I was meant to be. Along with this...I also LOVE TO LAUGH! I'm very friendly and loving and have compassion to spare. I try very hard to always remain NON-JUDGMENTAL. It's very hurtful to be judged and Lord knows I have no right (none of us do) to judge another person. I love to be surrounded by those I love, family and friends...I also enjoy quiet time which as any Mom knows, doesn't come around to often! In my free time (what very little I have) I enjoy reading, watching movies, playing and of course...laughing and enjoying the beautiful life God has given me. We're a very simple...many would say boring, family but I love it. I couldn't ask for anything more. Even though life can be so hard sometimes, the burdens are always a little lighter having someone/s to share them with you!

So this is me. And now that you know my story, if you still want to read this, I welcome you! I hope you come along this ever-interesting journey with me!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Two things I'd like to say:
1. Be kind please.
2. If you liked this post, why not subscribe?

Subscribe to me! :-)